A US Congressional briefing focusing on mental health in Gaza will be held at noon on Thursday, November 29 at the Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2203 in Washington, DC. Contact your member of Congress and request that they attend (a lunch with an RSVP to info@GazaMentalHealth.org is included). Unsure of how to reach your member of Congress? Follow instructions here.
Speakers at the Congressional briefing organized by the US Gaza Mental Health Foundation will address the social and psychological suffering in Gaza, how Palestinians cope with conditions under blockade, and ways in which non-governmental and international organizations are attempting to address the mental health crisis. Speakers include:
- Dr. Yasser Abu Jamei, General Director, Gaza Community Mental Health Programme
- Elizabeth Campbell, Director, UNRWA’s Representative Office, Washington, D.C.
- Bill Slaughter, Trustee, US Gaza Mental Health Foundation
- Brian K. Barber, Fellow, New American and Institute for Palestinian Studies
- Moderator: Khaled Elgindy, Brookings Institution
Press and public are welcome to attend the briefing. Please RSVP to Info@GazaMentalHealth.org
See our website for more information on health care challenges in Gaza.